You don’t have to be prepared to be successful in life. What matters is how you deal with the unexpected obstacles you may encounter. I’ve had anxiety my entire life and it was at its peak before I transferred to a 4 year university. On a scale from 1-10 I was an 11 and too paralyzed to do anything. I was nowhere near ready for “real” college or campus life but I knew that this would be the last opportunity for me to overpower my anxiety. My anxiety worsened 2 weeks before I moved onto campus. My mom (my safety net) was hospitalized for an emergency surgery. She was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm and if she had not gone to the hospital to complain about an intense headache she would have passed away a few days later. My mom forgot my birthday, how to walk, how to drive, she couldn’t completely close her hands or concentrate on a conversation. She needed to be supervised any time she was not in her bed. She spent days in the hospital and weeks in a rehabilitation center. Somewhere in the midst of almost losing my mom I found the strength and courage I’ve been waiting my whole life for. Anxiety isn’t something that should be a deep dark secret or that you should try to hide from people like I’ve done for years. More often than not when you explain to people why you are the way you are someone is going to be able to relate. Whether your anxiety developed from traumatic past experiences, recent events or you are just naturally prone to panic attacks. Being open about your anxiety can make things, people and places less scary. The first coping method that was ever suggested to me was to face your fears head on and take on one task at a time. It took me 5 years to put that advice into action and it was the best thing I could have ever done. I’m living and not just existing and I’m facing one task at a time. When you overcome one fear don’t stop, move on to the next until you conquer them all. 90% of the people reading this will think I’m crazy and too open . The other 10% will understand. I’d rather help the 10% than worry about what the rest are thinking of me.